Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2

We are so busy during the week that I like to spend my weekends doing almost nothing. That's not entirely accurate as there are generally one or two activities that we have to do, but you get the idea. Saturday morning was somewhat hectic. Even though I got up hours before we had to leave, I still found myself on the verge of being late. When we arrived, quite a few streets were blocked off. I realized that there was an event going on and I wouldn't be able to park in my normal place. I am not very familiar with the nabe I was in, so now I was late and lost. After getting yelled at by a cop for almost going the wrong way down a one way street, I was on the verge of a mini meltdown. Eventually I figured it out and got everyone where they needed to be. While waiting for the kiddos to finish class, I heard music and stepped outside to see a parade going on. What a pleasant surprise. Watching the bands and floats go by felt like a reward after the experience I'd had not long before.
7 Cities Crafters window for Art Everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment