Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31

To me, the new year really begins in September. There's back to school, the changing seasons, the lead up to the holidays... Everything feels fresh and new, from the smell of freshly sharpened pencils to the crunch of leaves underfoot. With those things in mind, and since my kids are headed back to school next week (yay!), I'm setting some New Year's resolutions:


  1.  I will get out of my computer chair and into the gym. I ripped out an article from Family Circle magazine (recently got a subscription dirt cheap and actually love the recipes) about 6 weeks to a 5k and I'm starting on the first day of school!
  2. I'll learn to use my camera on manual. I've been saying this for over a year now, and I've finally reached the point where I need to be able to focus manually. 
  3. I'll invest in quality clothing. I have to stop going on crazy $5 t-shirt binges and buy some grown up clothes.
  4. I'll make more of an effort to make friends before complaining that I don't have any. I'm just coming out of a 6ish month long PPD fog and am new to being a sahm in my area and I am so lonely!
  5. I'm going to make time to volunteer. I used to coach my kids' sports teams with L and even though I don't love sports, I actually did enjoy running around the various fields after 4-8 year olds. While I don't know if I'll be able to coach, there has to be something else I would like.
That list doesn't seem so bad, does it? I'm going to make a note on my google calendar for a month from now to give myself a resolution checkup!

1 comment:

  1. Dee,

    May I borrow some of your goals? I'll take the 5K, learning how to use my camera to its ability, and making a REAL effort to meet more people for my children and me, please.

    ReplyDelete